Monday, September 5, 2011

"On Our Way to Nowhere"

So, last night I was sitting in bed, humming to myself. The song was "Somebody" by Lemonade Mouth. A harmless, fun Disney song. No swear words, no inappropriate material, no screaming. Just fun pop music, with fun lyrics. Then I get to this line, "We're on our way to nowhere, trying so hard to get there." Right before that, I had been reading Do Hard Things (by Alex and Brett Harris), specifically the chapter about how teens today are TOLD that we're not really suppose to do anything besides goof off and experiment.

So now, I have to wonder. Is that innocent little lyric true? Are we really trying our hardest to end up...nowhere? Most teens today will have nothing to show for ages 13-19. We are on our way to nowhere, and trying hard to get there. We really don't care that 6 years out of our lives are wasted.

So, here's a little challenge: Change that in your life. You don't have to know exactly where you're going, but pick a destination for the time being and try to get there. Don't let the best years of your life be wasted. Do something with them.

~ Calleigh

2 comments:

  1. I never really thought about it like that before... but it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I probably wouldn't have either, but since I read that chapter right before that, well..I was already thinking that way. :D

    ReplyDelete