Saturday, September 10, 2011

More

Let's hear it for Lemonade Mouth! They have inspired another blog post!! :D So, I was listening to one of their songs, and I was singing along, and I get to this line, "Push until you can't, and then demand more." Now, the first thing that popped into my head was, "Wow, that's really selfish. I don't like this song anymore." Then I literally facepalmed. :P I forgot to think about it in the context of the song. Yes, I am an idiot sometimes. :P The song is called Determinate. Now, let's just say Disney didn't do it's research very well, because the definition of determinate is to have set limits or boundries...the exact oppositite of the song. In the song, determinate is suppose to be based off of determination.

"Push until you can't, and then demand more."

Now it makes sense. That just really challenges me. Yes, I am challenged by a Disney song, as you should be. That one simple line, in yet another Disney pop song, has a lot of meaning if you think about it. It means that when I think I'm done...when I have nothing left to give...I give more anyway. When I'm tired of waiting, hoping, praying...I wait, hope, and pray anyway. Demand more of yourself than you think you can give. Stretch yourself. Because when you stretch your limits, your limits expand, and that allows you to do more, even harder things the next time. Push until you can't..and then do more anyway. Demand more. Not of others, but of yourself.

~ Calleigh

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is very cool. I never understood that part of the song exactly, but it makes sense now that you explained it ^_^ And, just to clarify, I agree.

    ReplyDelete