Friday, January 7, 2011

*Sigh*

Ah!! I have not posted this entire year!!! *runs around screaming* *remembers that someone might actually read what she is writing* *embarrassed cough* Sorry about that...
Anyway...I hope everyone is having an amazing 2011!  Who knows what it will hold for all of us, but I hope it will be a year that gives us wonderful memories, and if not, then at least makes us thankful for what we had last year.
So, I wrote another free-writing exercise, this time with follower Reaganrocket04! Our word was Perseverance, and I'm going to post both of them here (with his permission) so that you can see the different results from the same word. :)

Reagan's:

Looking ahead

not looking back

continuing on

pursuing a goal

no matter the adversity

no matter the success

no matter the loss

no matter the gain

striving for the prize again and again


not stopping

pressing on

no matter the suffering

no matter the pain

no matter the opposition

no matter how insane

pushing forward again and again

Mine:

I push

I struggle

I try to breathe.

I cry out

Against all that ties me down.

I must go on,

I must not stop

Until I've served my purpose.

The chains are heavy,

The grief is strong,

But I decide to carry on.

To push through all that's in my way,

I must serve my Saviour well today.

I must be strong,

Must be steadfast,

Until I fulfull my every task

To walk with Him each and everyday,

To let my Saviour have his way.

~ Lei

2 comments:

  1. I love them both! I enjoy seeing what can come from two different people, when the same inspiration was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's pretty cool :) You should do one with me!! *hint hint*...well, maybe not...I don't want to get shown up :P

    ReplyDelete