Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello Peoples!!

Hello...again...*facepalm* Why do I always sound so stupid when I write these?! :)
Anyway...I have another free-writing exercises *readers groan in distress* I'm sorry, it's all I've got at the moment...although I will be putting my OYAN synopsis up possibly either tomorrow or Monday. :)
But anyway, here's the exercise, the prompt being acceptance. :D

I see the way they look at you.

The way they laugh,

The way they talk.

I see the hurt that fills your eyes

As you wonder at the contempt,

The disdain, no smile can hide.

I feel the need to reach out.

To comfort you.

I pull you into my arms,

I hold you close,

I tell you how much your life is worth.

I smile as you life your head,

I see your eyes empty of the dread,

That so often haunted your every step,

Your every thought, till there was nothing left.

Your friend forever I will be,

In honour of those who accepted me.

The ones who lifted me, gave me a hand.

The ones who showed me how to take stand.

For all that I believed was right,

So I could help you here tonight.

~ Lei

2 comments:

  1. I love it. That was so beautiful, Cal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too *hugs* I think you hit dead-on, if you know what I mean. Haunting every step is realistic. Undesirably so. I like the last line :)

    ReplyDelete