Sunday, December 19, 2010

Just a little something...

Ok, here's a small...I don't know exactly what you call it...but I was challenged to write in the style by a fellow OYANer.  It's kind of difficult for me to write, but I'm hoping to get used to it. :P So...I guess if you could let me know what you guys think, that would be great! :D

I look into your eyes and see,

Trust beyond all compare.

I see the want of friendship in your eyes,

Feel the longing in your heart.

You open up your soul to me,

Sharing all, holding none back.

The measure of love you extend astounds me!

To show how much you mean to me,

I pour my soul back to you.

My thoughts, my dreams, my wrong desires,

With you I willfully share.

You help me, test me, watch me

As I struggle through this life,

And I know you’re always there.

Ready to hold me accountable,

Ready to give comfort, and hold me when I fail.

With you there is no doubt of love,

With you I am the best that I can be.

~ Lei

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I am speechless. Simply saying "I LOVED it" doesn't do it justice. Excellent job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Sis! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.




    Country Girl said it well!!! It is...amazing.

    With the title being "Just a little something" it almost seems to let the reader know it is something too often perceived as simple, but it has far more depth.

    Thank you *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very well written, Lei! :) I love how you've taught the words in this poem to sing your song. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete