Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Lied :)

Ok, I told you I would put something different here today, but I lied. :( I wrote another free-writing thing yesterday, that I'm really excited about, so I guess you're stuck with another exercise today. :(  I really will try to find something different for tomorrow this time, unless I do something cooler. :P
So, here it is! The prompt was memories.

I sift through my mind.

I struggle to remember,

To not forget,

All that I’ve left behind.

I close my eyes and reach within,

To all that’s gone before.

The memories surface faster,

Almost at the speed of light.

The days I’ve spent in sadness,

The days I’ve spent in joy,

The days I’ve spent with family,

The days I wish I had done more.

Some memories still haunt me,

The ones I try hard to forget,

The ones that fill my heart with guilt

And smother my will to live.

Still memories of happy days,

Linger on inside my mind

Of days filled with laughter, sunshine and joy,

Of fires on winter nights.

Of family gathered round about,

Of friends both near and far,

Of days I triumphed over wrong,

And bowed my heart to my Lord.

The memories of days long past,

Are with me still today.

They help me, guide me

Through this time,

Making life worth the price I pay.

~ Lei

5 comments:

  1. Very nice Lei. I like it :)

    Beautiful description *nods* You write well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolly good, Lei! :) I love tbe last few lines.

    One question though...what in the world were you two doing up that early in the morning?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks girls! :) That one's one of my new favourites :)

    And we really weren't up that early...the clock on my blog is wacko, and I don't know how to fix it :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always take my breathe away with how you sculpt with words, creating pure emotion. Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete